Thursday, 19 August 2010

Plum-licious


Its been a while....

But, I am back with more yummy enjoyments. I was lucky enough to get home and visit family recently. Whilst there, I had the good fortune to be at my Aunt and Uncle's when my Uncle arrived with a huge bucket of ripe golden plums. I was happy to relieve them of their heavy burden and drive them the 250 miles home the following day for a Plum-fest! So, I set to work and on day one I made 3 jars of spicy plum chutney, I took Mrs Beeton's advice and put some of the other plums in a large pan with sugar ready for day two and the jam making! I also had just enough to create a mouthwatering delicacy by the name of Sticky Plum flapjack (thanks to Nic for the recipe link) http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/12810/sticky-plum-flapjack-bars which was an instantaneous Plum-delight.
The Jam, I created at 7am today, lots to do and too little time to do it. The picture, I think you'll agree, is as plum-licious as it gets! Thanks Uncle Pete xx

No comments:

Post a Comment