Saturday, 1 May 2010

BAGELS!!!


And finally...

I had a moment of madness yesterday and decided to have a go at making Bagels again. I've made them several times before but ALWAYS fail when, after boiling them, I place the wet dough onto the baking paper - they always stick and end up a bit of a disaster... NOT this time!

I made them following the recipe to the book (not my usual method, I'm a bit slap-dash) and ended up with a nice firm dough. Once I boiled them I put them on some very well greased baking PARCHMENT paper, this is a different creature to greaseproof paper and its superior texture meant that the bagels did not stick, success!

I also made some multi-seeded bagels as well as the plain ones. Suffice to say they are nearly all gone as once we'd all eaten one for breakfast, there is probably just enough for tomorrow.

Sadly, I have created an impossible situation. I don't buy bread, I make it. The only thing I buy is Bagels, this is all change as the children have declared Mum's by far the best thing ever and are now keen for me to make those also. It'll keep me busy I guess, as if I don't have enough bread to make in a week, I've just given myself a bit more. Oh well, I love making bread and I know that all they have in them is flour, water, yeast, and honey. Not an E number in site!

p.s. the roll on the right was a Bagel until B leant on it and squashed it flat, it was re-born and duly eaten for tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment