This week I have been mostly concentrating on making Sourdough. I actually began with the whole effort of making Sourdough a week ago. It has been a long drawn out process as it takes 36 hours for the ferment to begin as no yeast is added, the flour and water are mixed together and the natural yeasts in the air cause the fermentation. The dough has to be fed with more water and flour on day 3, which you can see below:

Once the mixture has been fed, the dough has to be split into some for the loaves and some kept back, which I used to make dried sourdough granules with - it can be re-activated at a later date!
Tomorrow, the sourdough will come out of the fridge (its only been in the fridge 2 days, the rest of the time it must be kept over 25 degrees to aid fermentation) and it will have more flour added to make the bread.
I will post more pictures when I have the finished product!
No comments:
Post a Comment