Thursday, 2 September 2010

Pretzel Mania


OH MY GOD, I have just stuffed myself with Pretzel! We are lucky enough to have one of just 10 Auntie Anne's Pretzel places in Derby and we all love a pretzel. I've made them before but not successfully and when I am home I love to bake! So, today, I thought I would give the pretzel making another go.....


In this pic, I've prep'd up and had my soda solution in the bowl all ready to dip
the pretzles, chorizo chopped for the savoury ones...ready to roll (and twist!)



Once I had divided the dough into 10 pieces I rolled them out - not as easy as it looks to get them an even size all the way along but these were more or less ok!!


When I had twisted them, dipped them in soda, put them on the lined and well greased tray they went in a hot oven for about 8 - 9 mins and then the fun bit, melt the butter and dunk the cooked pretzels and then give them some serious sugar treatment and voila - the finished article. I made some savoury ones too from chorizo and cheese - they were yummy too!


Another successful baking challenge accomplished - something else I can tick of my list of baked goods! Thing is, they all get eaten so quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment